Name:

The moniker Odysseus was bestowed on me by my university pals. It refers to both my profession (military) and to my long absence from my own beloved isle, Prince Eward Island. From Wikipedia (the lazy, uneducated man's access to knowledge): "Odysseus or Ulysses, is the main hero in Homer's epic poem, the Odyssey, and plays a key role in Homer's Iliad. King of Ithaca, husband of Penelope, father of Telemachus, and son of Laƫrtes and Anticlea (the tragedy Iphigenia at Aulis names Sysiphus as his father), Odysseus is renowned for his guile and resourcefulness, and is most famous for the ten years it took him to return home after the Trojan War. Ithaca, an island along the Ionian coastline of Greece, is one of several islands that would have comprised the realm of Odysseus' family, but the true extent of the Cephallenian realm and the actual identities of the islands named in Homer's works are unknown." Enough of allegory. I am married to the beautiful Heather Cudmore (Charlottetown) and we have four fine, young sons - Conor, Rory, Liam and Sean.

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Off to Oklahoma City


The McCarthy family will be heading south to Oklahoma City, USA where I will be accepting an assignment at 552 Air Control Wing flying on the E3 Sentry (AWACS). Our prospects are very exciting and we will be moving into a nice neighborhood (very yuppie suburban) in the northern part of the city. There will be many challenges:
1. Lowering my handicap.
2. Teaching American kids to play road hockey (CAR!!).
3. Getting used to the heat (no, I won't miss the snow).


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home